Historical Market Data, Showcasing Alternative Data
We demonstrate the value of alternative data with our ability to incorporate time-series data into our backtesting and research tools. In CloudQuant, showcasing and exploring data is the best way to see the value in data.
Our showcase provides portfolio managers and quantitative traders with:
- White papers that validate the alpha in data and independently prove vendor research white papers
- Functioning backtesting algorithms that allow quantitative analysts to see backtesting logic
- Quantitative experts who discuss the use of datasets
- Access to the institutional grade Mariner™ backtesting and visualization tools used by professional quantitative portfolio managers
- Time-synced historical tick market data
- Dataset Catalog with featured datasets from our CloudQuant partners
CloudQuant’s standard whitepapers allow you to see the Alpha in the dataset.
CloudQuant Explorer allows researchers to overlay alternative data, news, and other trading signals with historical market data
The Difficulties Of Dataset Onboarding
The industry knows that the onboarding a new data set is a difficult process. There are numerous problems that include*:
- Data not compatible with current data analysis systems
- Can’t find the correct resource
- Lack of time
- Difficulty understanding the data’s value
- Human Capital not available
- Management not convinced of the value
- Prohibitively High Fees
For those in the trading industry, we have additional problems that include:
- Difficulty symbology mapping.
- Dealing with point-in-time changes to symbol changes.
- Correlating time series data correctly.
*Source: Greenwich Associates, Alternative Data Usage Study, 2017
For more information on this dataset or other datasets, Contact Us.
See also our Data Catalog and our Repository of White Papers.