|Title:||Data / Software Engineer|
|Location:||Chicago, IL or remote for the right candidate|
Innovation happens fast, decay is slow.
CloudQuant is the single source for Alternative Data, Data Technology, Data Research, And Consulting. CloudQuant is a Commercial Data, Research, and Technology Company serving global financial services and corporate clients. We help clients:
- Find valuable data sources for their business needs.
- Integrate thousands of datasets in minutes to empower your data scientists, management consultants, investment researchers, executives, and engineers.
- Access high-value datasets through one simple data fabric and full data tech stack.
- Discover the signal in the noise by leveraging our data research expertise.
We are looking for a front-end web-based widget rapidly innovating developer. Responsibilities will include rapid pro-typing, feedback, and deploying and testing widgets that can and will be used in numerous websites and applications.
Requirement And Skills
- Collaborate and communicate with other team members and stakeholders
- Develop new user-facing widgets that utilize data with the CloudQuant Data Liberator™ API
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX widgets
- Optimize widgets for maximum speed and scalability
- Create new web servers both internally and externally to demonstrate the new widgets
- Proficient understanding of HTML5, CSS3
- Knowledge of charting libraries like Highcharts
- Good understanding of C++ (preferably with QT)
- 2+ years of experience in Python
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient communication skills
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Realize that the learning curve at CloudQuant never flattens out
- Have a sense of adventure and curiosity about the unknown to be able to calmly navigate unchartered waters with excitement
- Willingness to address needs and to constantly improve or change based upon feedback from a great deal many sources including management and clients
- Not hide behind Slack and E-Mail
- Developer evangelist experience is a plus
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Web Assembly using C++ (WASM)
- Experience deploying applications to Azure or AWS
Consulting to Hire
- Relevant Quota-carrying Sales Role: 10 years (Required)
- Digital marketing and sales experience
- Preferred BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering discipline
- Chicago or Remote for the correct candidate. CloudQuant is located in Chicago, IL, so wherever you are in the world, you must be able to work normal Chicago Hours
Alternative Data & PAAS Technology Salesperson
|Title:||Sales Executive at Global FinTech Firm|
|Summary:||Technology spinout from existing financial firm is seeking an experienced sales professional to represent our Financial Services Team.|
Sales Executive At A Global Fintech Firm
Base Salary is flexible (based upon candidate and experience)
Excellent benefits including generous vacation days, bonus and company profit sharing
Technology spinout from existing financial firm is seeking an experienced sales professional to represent our Financial Services Team. In this role as SALES EXECUTIVE, he/she will be integral in expanding the firm’s client pipeline and sell innovative alternative datasets and proprietary technology solutions to alternative and traditional asset managers, as well as other potential client types.
Requirements And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience with a proven track record in a quota-carrying sales role that involves prospecting and developing leads
- Preferred with a strong network in the asset management industry, and have FinTech, buy-side or sell-side experience
- Preferred to have direct experience utilizing digital marketing tools such as CRM and email campaigns, social media and marketing automation/engagement tools to generate sales qualified leads
- Must be proactive, highly analytical, and a driven self-starter with superior interpersonal skills and sales abilities and experience running sales teams
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about working in a collaborative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Responsibilities And Duties
- Reports to the Head of Sales
- Sell alternative data technology, PaaS technology and Analytics/AI consulting services to asset managers
- Be a collaborative contributory to a global sales team for alternative data and innovative technology
- Provide feedback to marketing team to enhance their efficacy in generating marketing qualified leads
- Develop and expand the pipeline of potential clients, both in the US and worldwide
- Maintain an in depth understanding of the firm’s business and capabilities in order to demonstrate value to potential clients
- Evangelize the CloudQuant vision within the professional money manager community
- Build relationships for the long term to allow for cross selling of additional data sets and services.
- Represent CloudQuant at Trade Shows
- Prospect, forecast, and planning of new business opportunities and deals within the company CRM
- Achieve quarterly sales objectives and forecast sales activity accurately
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant Quota-carrying Sales Role: 2 years (Required)
- Digital marketing and sales experience
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Company Profit Sharing
- New York/New England Region
Data And Software Engineer
|Title:||Data and Software Engineer|
|Summary:||Responsible for developing cutting edge data analytics, and AI applications as well as onboarding new datasets to be used by our Data Showcasing and PaaS Financial Technology Businesses.|
The Data and Software Engineer will join the engineering team of a rapidly growing and global start-up in the Alternative Data and FinTech space. You will be responsible for developing cutting edge data analytics, and AI applications as well as onboarding new datasets to be used by our Data Showcasing and PaaS Financial Technology Businesses. You will be responsible for working on numerous innovative technologies and projects that enable date vendors to accelerate their data sales and for global fundamental and quantitative investment managers to generate a higher ROI on their data purchases.
We have developed innovative, next-generation data exploring, and algorithmic testing and trading systems. This position will have the opportunity to participate in pushing your technology and knowledge skills to the next level. The learning curve never stops at CloudQuant.
Day To Day Responsibilities
- Dataset onboarding: You will work with new datasets and internal tools to bring datasets into our data driven systems. This includes mapping data to related companies and building configurations for APIs that utilize those datasets.
- Software Development: Python and C++ development projects depending upon skill set.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time salaried position with paid time-off, medical and dental benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Bonuses are paid based upon individual and company performance.
- Python 3 (2+ years) with understanding of Pandas, Numpy, Asyncio
- C++ with Templates (2+ years)
- Jupyter Hub / JupyterLab / Jupyter Notebooks (1+ years)
- Bachelor’s Degree – Financial or Technical
- Continuous Building and Test Systems
- Communication skills (verbal, written)
Would be great if you also have:
- Trading industry interest and/or experience (stocks, futures, FX, crypto, etc.)
- Data science/engineering experience
- Exposure to Machine learning and Recommendation Systems
- QT experience
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a paid internship and would be working remotely between 5 – 15 hours per week
- Marketing major (preferably upperclassman)
- Good communication skills (especially written)
- Able to write short product descriptions
- Able to incorporate graphics into a product description
- Knows how to add keywords to product descriptions to assist keyword search functions
- Can re-write data product descriptions using golden circles presentation ideas
- Has a strong interest in the stock market
- Has some understanding of how the stock market works (investing, meme stocks, etc.)
- Isn’t afraid of technology
- Understands the importance of data and usage of data to businesses, especially investment managers
- Has some exposure to programming in python
Chicago, IL or remotely